Sunday, August 7, 2011

Blog Vacation Part 2

As it turns out, I have a chance to go to the PGA Championship practice round Tuesday in Atlanta, and Geoff will be at Libbie's in Athens starting Tuesday night, so I have another several days of travel.  I'll leave here tomorrow AM - Monday - do some errands in Atlanta, then go to Kathy Johnson's for the evening.  She has a beautiful guest suite I'd like to claim as my home away from home (at her suggestion!).  We'll go to the Atlanta Athletic Club Tuesday, then I'll go to Libbie's either Tues. PM or Wed. AM.

Oh - is this blog supposed to be about Dave???  Sorry.  He's in Franconia Notch, NH, for the second night tonight.  He planned to leave today but there was a lot of rain and he and his new hiking buds decided to lay low one more day.

As of 8/07/11:
Miles to date - 603.8

Dave is in the Presidential Mountain range, and expects to tackle Mt. Washington later in the week.  He's feeling very well, and strong, and happy to have had the day off to EAT.  He says his foot is fine.  I can tell he is looking forward to this next stretch of hiking, not so much the rock climbing, but he feels up to the challenge.


For those of you who remember The Old Man and perhaps his collapse in 2003, he was in Franconia Notch State Park.

Country Gold left the trail today.  The new group Dave and CG have been hiking with, Boulder, Bahama Dave and Rich, took him out to dinner and said their farewells.  He clearly would rather have stayed on the trail, but life was calling.

I'm still not packed, so I've got to quit now.  I don't have a lot of stories, as Dave and I had difficulties with him being in the mountains and me not having good cell service at the beach.  I'll get back with this blog in earnest in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment